Thursday, June 9, 2016

Camelicious

"Camels Dressed Up and Down and All Around"--Thursday, 6/9/16

This outfit looks very professional and correct.

From bluecollarredlipstick.com

So let's loosen things up with a camel print blouse and a knit tuxedo jacket.


Sleeveless camel blouse (Kohls), $2.77/wear
Dark teal skirt (JCP), $1.64/wear
*Black tuxedo jacket (thrifted, Chico's), $4.50/wear
Nude wedges by Cole Haan, $14.99/wear
Double strand pearls (Macy's), $4.93/wear

Outfit total: $28.83/wear

I know, I have a bunch of black jackets/blazers already, but I could not resist the combination of shape and texture on this one...and it feels so good to wear.  One can hardly complain at the price.  Adina would understand how some thrift purchases have their own logic.  The camels, however, seem thrown by it all.


In other news...Tam sent this amusing article about a woman who tried having her shit together for a full week (not living as a "garbage person").  Spoiler alert: One thing she learns is that getting dressed in real clothes, in outfits she's put a little thought into, improved her mood.  Imagine how happy she'd be in a tumbling-camel top!

Kidney stone pain was worse today.  I had to take a Percocet around noon to make it through.

6 comments:

rvman said...

"It’s like the difference between a gentle bunny and a raccoon clawing your eyes out. "

I can somehow relate to this.

Jen M. said...

I should probably start fixing my hair. Or at least get it cut. My "new mom" excuse is running out.

Sally said...

Gentle bunnies for the win!

I am really bad about letting my hair get too ragged before getting it cut.

Sally said...

...I guess I'm living up to my Alice alter-ego's style: "Your hair wants cutting."

Mom said...

I was thinking in the video of P eating his first solid food that Jennifer needs to cut her hair or wear a ponytail. P will be grabbing and pulling on it soon!

Jen M. said...

Oh he loves to pull on it. He'll even grab my bangs. I'm mostly thinking I should cut it to look better :P