Wednesday, June 15, 2016

An Unfortunate Consequence

"Summer Penguins"--Wednesday, 6/15/16

For Texas fashion bloggers, the arrival of fall means you can start wearing pants to work again.  Spring has a similar effect on me--it's a nice time to be wearing pants and flats with no socks! Of course, I didn't manage to try out a version of this outfit while it was still spring, so a semi-overdressed summer outfit it is.

From ladyinviolet.com

Because nothing says summer like a penguin print blouse, right?


Magenta penguin blouse (JNY), $2.04/wear
Black work pants (thrifted, CJ Banks), $2.62/wear
Black pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom), $2.00/wear
Black open weave cardigan vest (JNY), $3.68/wear
Black/silver pendant (JCP), $2.56/wear

Outfit total: $12.90/wear

And I can't resist the opportunity to wear a blouse with a loose cardigan-style vest.  I don't know why I'm all over that look these days.


But I am a little worried that all this open weave vest wearing has Reverse Inspired some kind of sartorial horror in the 1970s.   I AM SORRY, EVERYONE!

From superseventies.tumblr.com

In other news...With storms in the area yesterday, Robert was trawling the Internet (I first wrote "trolling" but that was totally wrong) for weather-related news and came across this interesting local tale of tornadoes, retail strategy, and branding.

My mom sends this story about medieval rabbit drawings.  Bunny bad-asses!

And I have finally scheduled my surgery!  It's next Tuesday. 

3 comments:

Mom said...

So glad you got your surgery scheduled. Let me know if you need us to come for it.

Didn't you just love those bad ass bunnies? Who knew bunnies have an inner warrior?

Sally said...

It's an outpatient surgery, and Robert will be able to accompany me, so I should be good. The part that sucks is that I actually have a third (small) stone in the other kidney, where they won't be operating, so I don't know what's going to happen with that.

As for bad-ass warrior bunnies--I knew! ;)

Tam said...

Stupid kidney stones :-( I oppose this.