Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Prone

Today I discovered that lying down flat on my back in bed with my legs straight and my arms over my midriff is the pain-minimizing position.  Standing up and walking around is the pain-maximizing position.  Sitting in my recliner wasn't too terrible.  Sitting in an office chair was bearable for short-ish periods (with my heating pad).

I really need to get back to work tomorrow.  Since I do not have a job as a mattress tester, I hope that the range of activities that do not cause awful pain and discomfort are broader than they were today.  I want to at least make it in to the office tomorrow morning to pick up my laptop so that I can work from home if the sitting isn't working out for me.

I wore yoga pants and my "Nope. No sir, I don't approve." Disapproving Rabbit t-shirt for today's activities inactivities.

Here is a more photogenic outfit from last weekend:

"Orange You Glad"--Sunday, 6/19/16

Another day, another 88 cent skort--orange this time.  I love orange with navy (it's like orange with black only without the Halloween associations) and I love stripes, so I immediately glommed onto this inspiration photo I found on Pinterest (by a Spanish blogger).

From mapetitebyana.com

My weekend casual version has chambray flats (which I just love with a rich solid color or with navy, so this was a "double your pleasure" opportunity)...


*Orange skort (thrifted, Walmart), $0.88/wear
Navy short-sleeved striped top (JCP), $2.66/wear
Navy cardigan (Kohls), $3.52/wear
Chambray flats (Payless), $3.40/wear
White/blue/yellow floral scarf (Target), $6.00/wear

Outfit total: $16.46/wear

...and in the place of her magnificent coin statement necklace, an Easter present from the Easter Bunny.  I like how depending on the way you arrange and tie it, the scarf's colors can look different.


4 comments:

mom said...

I hope you are feeling better today.Love the new scarf, it goes really well with the outfit. I didn't remember that you bought so many of those skorts at the 88 cent sale. That was a nice coup for you, although since that word implies violence, I'm glad you didn't have to hurt anyone to get them.

Tam said...

Fortunately, lying down completely flat on your back is a super-versatile position allowing for a wide range of activities. Or not. Sigh. I'd say "hang in there" but what choice do you have?

Sally said...

Mom, I agree--because who knows whether the blood stains would have come out?

Tam, indeed. At least I've had pretty decent luck with falling asleep when lying in that position.

Tam said...

Oh, that's really good. I can't sleep in that position because I can't breathe.