Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Graphs + Missed Calls

"Hold the Mustard"--Tuesday, 6/7/16

In this post on how to wear mustard yellow in the fall, Bridgette Raes pairs two of my favorite colors, and yeah, I'm not talking about the yellow.  It's cobalt and teal!

From bridgetteraes.com

I really did consider going with a pop of yellow in my rendition of this outfit.  But when I put this top, cardigan, and scarf together, it was too awesome to mess with.  So I kept things simple by rounding it out with plain grey.


Bright teal drapey cardigan (Macy's), $4.00/wear
*Cobalt blue knit blouse (thrifted, East 5th), $2.99/wear
Grey 5 pocket pants (Rafaella), $3.33/wear
White/blue/green paisley-floral scarf (Target), $0.80/wear
Gold tassel necklace (Kohls), $1.18/wear
Grey leopard flats by Fergilicious, $0.64/wear

Outfit total: $12.94/wear

I did follow through on the scarf + gold tassel necklace front, though.  It's not a natural combination for me, but I like it.


This gold tassel necklace was my first foray this past year into the world of long necklaces, and as a result, it was my MVP necklace for the Work the Wardrobe Challenge with 14 wears.  As you can see from this chart (crummy resolution and all), it was an outlier.

The pattern for my shoes/boots during the Work the Wardrobe Challenge much more resembled a normal distribution than my other categories (look: the most common number of wears was 5), but there were still some pairs that got a lot more wear than the rest.  My grey leopard flats tied for #3 with 13 wears.


In other news...This morning I saw my urologist and found out that I do need surgery to remove my kidney stone and find out whether I have a blockage.  What's so frustrating is that I gave them my cell phone number for the scheduler to call to schedule the surgery, but when I got home from work, she had called my home phone and left a message.  Everyone at Health Partners does this to me every single time.  What the fuck, people?  Grrr.

I'm going to be having a ureteroscopy, which is a minimally invasive outpatient surgery that does require general anesthesia. 

6 comments:

Mom said...

Sally, your Dad read your blog just before 8:00, that's why we hadn't seen your update on your kidney stone. Good luck!! And, let us know if you need us to come up.

rvman said...

The first graph resembles a Poisson distribution. It isn't - the observation of 14 is literally a one in a million observation from a Poisson with a mean of 2.6. The 8's are unlikely too, but everything else is plausible.

The outliers on the second graph aren't quite so dramatic(40k to 1 against and 12k to 1 against for the 17 and 18), but the process looks less Poisson overall to me. (Honestly, it looks like more like a boat than a fish.)

Tam said...

I know general anesthesia carries some risks and has some after-effects, but I'm always glad not to have to be awake for something. Especially after I cried for (literally) hours after my 10-minute easy in-patient mole removal.

Jen M. said...

Sorry about the surgery but you can do it! I was so nervous about anesthesia before my first surgery but it ended up being no big deal. Playing phone tag will hopefully be the worst part! :)

Sally said...

Thanks, that would be nice! Here's hoping we can get this arranged to be over with soon.

Tam said...

When I had my outpatient surgery last summer, it was amazingly not so terrible. I got to the hospital a little before 7 and was home by 11:30. It was almost weird. The only medical thing that happened while I was awake was an IV. (And being scared, of course.) And YMMV but I don't think they even do that mask on the face and counting backwards thing anymore, if that's a concern. At least they didn't in either of my surgeries, or else I just forgot it with retrograde amnesia. (Sorry, I don't know if any of this info is helpful or if it's just stressful.)