Friday, June 10, 2016

Two Great Shades That Look Great Together

"Barbie Princess Polka"--Friday, 6/10/16

This breezy outfit from last summer was good inspiration for wearing my blue polka dot blazer.

From respecttheshoes.blogspot.com

I added a pink t-shirt, jeans, and rose gold flats to complete the look.  (I wear a lot of my beloved pink + teal, but this pink + royal blue is quite excellent, too.  More, please!)


Blue polka dot blazer (Target), $3.75/wear
*Pink short-sleeved T (thrifted, Target), $1.50/wear
Skinny jeans (JCP), $0.77/wear
Rose gold flats (thrifted, Old Navy), $0.71/wear
Blue/crystal statement necklace (Baublebar), $10.40/wear

Outfit total: $17.13/wear

Oh, and I couldn't resist this mega-sparkly necklace, inspired by the bling on Lisa's sandals.  (I was pretty impressed by how well it fit with the neckline of the top, too.)


So I think this is more lilac--I loved how the two shades of purple looked together.
 

In other news...Today was a really warm day, over 90 F!  I had a good day at work both in terms of productivity and not having kidney stone pain. 

I'm in a pretty good mood, all things considered.

But I still want to go after Thing One (Trump) and Thing Two (Sanders) with a giant net.

From designscanvas.com

I'm glad it's the weekend, though it would be more fun if I were not having to minimize my movement to keep the kidney stone pain at bay.  Netflix streaming was made for weekends like this.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

That shirt plus that necklace = so amazing that I laughed.

Sally said...

Thanks!