Friday, June 24, 2016

Coffin Poisson

"Fish in the Coral"--Friday, 6/24/16

It's a little intimidating to consider putting together something inspired by one of super-chic Angie's personal outfits.  But seeing this coral blazer and black polka dot top with jeans...well, it was too perfect a way to try wearing my sorta-fancy-seeming blazer in a more casual Friday compatible manner.

From youlookfab.com

I did not even try to get anything like the apple-green eyeglasses or sky blue purse into my mix.  I kept it really straightforward.


Coral blazer (JNY), $6.19/wear
Short-sleeved black polka dot top (Liz Claiborne/JCP), $5.00/wear
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Kohls), $0.47/wear
Black buckle flats by Me Too, $2.82/wear
Gold fish charm necklace (Ann Taylor), $3.86/wear

Outfit total: $18.34/wear

My touch of visual interest/whimsy was this fish charm necklace.  That was enough for me.


This polka dot top is tied for Shirt MVP #4 in the Work the Wardrobe Challenge with four wears.

If I can move away from this ocean theme for a moment, this male red-winged blackbird is sporting a similar color combination...although he doesn't look very happy about it, does he?

"Get off my lawn!"

In other news...Today has been the best day yet, pain-wise, since my surgery.  I'm still taking a lot of painkillers, but not the maximum dose every single time, and I have been able to tolerate sitting at a desk chair better than before.  I still came home about an hour early and am now feeling very tired and ready to practice my Coffin Pose for a while #kidneystoneyoga

3 comments:

mom said...

I really like this outfit and the one you wore yesterday. Your kidney stone hasn't slowed down your ability to put an smart outfit together!

The blackbird is just in a bad mood. Who knows why?

Sally said...

Thanks! Luckily I had planned and photographed these outfits in advance :)

Jen M. said...

Thinking of your pain and coffin pose reminds me of prep for labor. There was a meditation track I would listen to that basically talks you through contractions, and in prenatal yoga we would have to hold our arms out so long they felt like they'd fall off and breathe, as practice. Ugh. Glad that you are starting to feel better.