Monday, June 27, 2016

Sleeping

I spent the day in pajamas...and much of it in bed asleep after being up most of last night.  Oh god, first the coffin pose, now sleeping all day.  Are kidney stones turning me into a vampire?

I cannot wait for this stupid stent to be removed.  I am really, really going to try to go to work tomorrow.  Wish me luck.

And enjoy this weekend outfit post.

"Summer Flora and Fauna"--Sunday, 6/26/16

In a 2014 post about changing up basic work looks with accessories, Bridgette pairs a white top and black skirt with a bright pink cardigan and floral purse for a sweet, feminine look.  Perfect for summer, no?

From bridgetteraes.com

And perfect for the weekend, too!  Made even perfect-er with the addition of a bird scarf.  And with the last minute substitution of my white Alice graphic T (sorry, not pictured here, but you'll be seeing it soon).


Black knit hiking skirt (Patagonia/REI), $4.00/wear
White Alice graphic T (Disney Alice/Kohls), $10.80/wear
Bright pink short-sleeved cardigan (JCP), $7.65/wear
Bright pink bird scarf (Nordstrom), $5.00/wear
Cream floral flats (Payless), $1.44/wear

Outfit total: $28.89/wear

But what is pictured?  A very surprising Cooper's hawk!  This is my last bird photo from our national wildlife refuge trip last month.  I am quite happy with how this photo turned out.  (I mean, I took about a dozen of them and kept the best of the bunch, but still, I didn't expect any of them to be good at all.)  He was a cooperative bird, and not too terribly far away, yet I still believe that my camera with its mega-zoom capability continues to prove its worth in situations like this one.  I like how he has a kind of looking-over-his-shoulder "Ye-es?" vibe going.

This hawk would totally speak with a British accent in the cartoon version.

2 comments:

mom said...

I love the Cooper's Hawk photo. What a great picture! Kidney stones suck!!!!

Sally said...

Thanks! I am holding out hope that things will improve after tomorrow's doctor visit.