Sunday, May 29, 2016

Long Sick Weekend

I have been quite sick since Thursday evening.  I hope I don't spend the entire long weekend moving slowly and with great reluctance between my bed and my recliner.  This morning I don't seem to have a fever, which is a start.

Yesterday my stomach had improved to the point I could wear real clothes and not yoga pants.

"Cheshire Takes a Hike"--Saturday, 5/28/16

Let me be clear:  There is no mixing of dressy and casual in my outfit.  It's ALL casual.  There is nothing daring about it.  But I will take anything for inspiration to wear my Cheshire striped polo!  Anyway, where the Cheshire Cat is concerned, nothing is exactly safe, you know?

From modestbudgetbelle80.blogspot.com

I'm so glad I bought this hiking skirt for our Yellowstone/Glacier trip.  It's comfortable and just a little more visually interesting than your typical plain black casual skirt.  These plaid sneakers are among the oldest things in my wardrobe.  They started out pre-distressed for my convenience and have become increasingly authentic over the years.  I kind of like that they are not in line with the current pristine white sneaker sporty-chic aesthetic.


Black cargo skirt with peplum hem (Royal Robbins/REI), $2.78/wear
Blue denim jacket (Liz Claiborne/JCP), $6.46/wear
Pink Cheshire striped polo (thrifted, JCP), $0.22/wear
Brown plaid sneakers by Rocket Dog

Outfit total: $9.46/wear

What do you make of this plant (photographed at a nearby state park)?  It looks like some kind of seed pods on the tips.  For once I don't even have an Elder Scrolls plant to reference, though it most resembles something from inside an Oblivion gate to me.

4 comments:

Jen M. said...

Being sick sucks anytime. Feel better!

mom said...

Hope the Black Forest Ham sandwich helped your appetite! Get better soon!

Sally said...

Thanks! I'm still sick. I got about 1.5 hours of sleep last night then was up the rest of the night with abdominal pain. :/

Tam said...

If this feels worse/different from usual you might need to see a doctor. I'm a little worried about you :-/