Monday, May 9, 2016

No More Tights For a Thousand Years

This Outfit is What It Seams--Monday, 5/9/16

It's hard to go wrong with one of Angie's color combination suggestions.  For my new light pink blazer (a November thrift purchase), white and burgundy looked just right.

From youlookfab.com

I glommed onto the pink jacket, white top, burgundy skirt selection from the inspiration photo.  My clothing items are never as sophisticated or modern or just generally on point as the ones Angie features, but this outfit still turned out very well, I thought.  I like how the style of seams on the jacket (notice the edge of the lapel) and skirt match.


*Light pink blazer (thrifted, Kasper), $6.74/wear+
White long-sleeved V neck T (Lands End), $1.20/wear
Burgundy skirt (Nordstrom), $3.08/wear
Beige/pink/black bird scarf (Kohls), $1.50/wear
Grey tights
Grey leopard wedges by Cole Haan, $10.42/wear

Outfit total: $22.94/wear

And the pink birds, of course, because I will never stop with the scarves.


After seeing the scarf in these photos, I realized it really needed to be ironed (and I ironed it).  I love this scarf but it wrinkles like crazy and basically should be ironed every time I wear it.

I put these tights on but I immediately felt warm in them (probably because my apartment is so warm) so I took them off again.  It's going to be 68 F today--I think I handle the world without tights.  It's funny--once tights season is underway, I really enjoy wearing them but once I stop wearing them, I never want to wear them again.  I guess this is better than the reverse--always yearning for the other season--but it seems silly.  Yesterday I did some tights-free outfits photo and it was so great not having to put tights on and take them off again that I think it clicked me over into the mode of never wanting to wear tights again.  Just in time for spring (fingers crossed).

Today in addition to saying farewell to tights, I am going to introduce my first Work the Wardrobe frequency distribution chart.  For each of the types of clothing, I graphed the number of wears during the WtWC with the number of items worn that many times.  Here is what the distribution looks like for skirts.  Can you say positive skew much?


There were 5 skirts I didn't wear at all (in the 0 number of wears bin) because they were summer skirts bought during the cooler part of the year.  You will see them in the weeks to come.  I wore about half of my skirts 1 or 2 times (51%).  I'm calling my 6 most often worn skirts (6 or more times) my MVPs for the WtWC.  Today's burgundy skirt was one of them, worn 6 times.

6 comments:

Mom said...

I love this outfit! You know me, just love pink. The skirt looks great on you, fits perfectly!

Debbie said...

This outfit reminds me of a bathroom remodelling story I once read about. The bathroom in question had pink walls, pink sink, pink toilet, etc. And the owners in question did not like pink. Finally they had the money and gleefully ripped out all the plumbing fixtures and put them out on the front lawn. Where they discovered that they were actually white. They had looked pink because of reflections from the walls. Oops!

Anyway, your white shirt looks a little pink in these pictures, but it works fine anyway!

Sally said...

Thanks, Mom, that skirt is probably the best-fitting one I have and definitely a go-to color.

Debbie, oh god, that sucked for those people but too funny. Glad that clothing mishaps aren't quite so permanent. I might have worn a pink shirt if I'd had one, so the fact that it looks pink-ish works for me :)

Tam said...

Man, the histogram surprised me. I think you own more skirts than I own tops and bottoms combined.

Sally said...

I won a ridiculous number of EVERYTHING. Seriously.

Sally said...

...Well, except sandals. My sandal collection is quite modest ;)