Sunday, May 22, 2016

Neverending Headache

"Lapin Poisson Distribution"--Sunday, 5/22/16

I liked the combination of bright pink + patterned top + gold necklace + jeans + shiny flats because it is easy to see how to use my French rabbit top in a similar look.

From theperfectstormbffs.com

In this case, I put my beloved lapin with a bright pink cardigan vest for a little French boho action.  And if you were concerned this wasn't silly enough on its own, I added a fish charm necklace to ensure it meets the standard for weekend eccentricity.


French bunny top (Macy's), $0.98/wear
Bright pink open weave cardigan vest (Kohls), $5.52/wear
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Target), $0.19/wear
Gold fish charm necklace (Ann Taylor), $4.34/wear
Black/blue sparkly flats (thrifted, Target), $2.62/wear

Outfit total: $13.65/wear

And even though I'm extremely wary of Target shoes, I could not resist these sparkly flats at Goodwill.  So far, I'm not regretting the decision.

No heels were destroyed in the making of this photograph.

This distribution is almost embarrassing to share because of what it communicates about the number of tops I own.  Oh well, it is what it is...and it is showing that I wore 54% of my tops only once and another 21% twice during the Work the Wardrobe Challenge.  (It's also a degraded image in the sense of the most recent xkcd comic.)


But if you look carefully, you'll see that there are a few tops that got relatively a lot of wear (worn 5 or more times during the year).  I think it will come as no surprise to you that my lapin top was one of them.  Indeed, this was my MVP of the shirts category, worn 7 times. 

In other news...It hasn't been a very good weekend.  I have had a headache since Friday evening and while it hasn't been stick-my-head-under-a-pillow-or-die levels of pain, it's been consistently very unpleasant with occasional forays into dire.  It was a beautiful weekend for birding but given that the very high level of tree pollen we're having is a major contributor to my headache, the idea of going outside--let along going outside and then looking through binoculars (shudder)--was a non-starter.

Last night I was feeling so bad that all I could do was sit still in a dark room and watch Downton Abbey, which apparently puts my body into a state that the Fitbit cannot distinguish from sleeping.  This morning, I had to manually adjust it to "no, I went to bed at 10:30, not at 8:07."

No comments: