Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Major Migraine + Flowers

I woke up this morning with a massive headache--a two-for-one sinus headache + migraine.  The kind where going to work is not even an option.  UGH.  After I took a long shower (hoping that the steam would help), I was feeling perplexed about getting dressed.  One of the downsides of a migraine is that I'm operating at a low level of cognitive power and figuring things out becomes very challenging.  I knew I didn't want to wear my planned work outfit today but had no capacity for coming up with something else.  Planned casual Friday outfit to the rescue!

My headache is now about 80% reduced so I'm now feeling basically functional but not great.  I hope tomorrow is better!

"The Stripey Floral Overlord"--Wednesday, 5/18/16

The combination of floral print and stripes is a favorite, so I decided to do my own version of this weekend outfit for casual Friday at work staying home with a migraine.  (Re: her original post, it amuses me that when a colleague asked her what she was doing for Mother's Day, she responded with something about her own mother, having temporarily forgotten that as a mom, it's her day too.  I guess it goes to show, moms were daughters first, eh?)

From shealennon.com

While she started with a colorful cardigan and repeated a color from it with the shoes, I started from a neutral base of white, black, and grey.  Then I added a couple splashes of bright blue with the necklace and ballet flats.  I liked the effect a lot!


White/grey floral blazer (Coldwater Creek), $4.17/wear
Black and white rope striped top (Kohls), $3.00/wear
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Kohls), $0.64/wear
Blue/crystal bib necklace (Baublebar), $13.00/wear
Bright blue flats (Payless), $2.00/wear

Outfit total: $22.81/wear

Here is a close up of one of the few flowers we saw at the national wildlife refuge.  Pretty!

6 comments:

Jen M. said...

Cute! I think I would have just worn pj's haha! But sometimes wearing real clothes makes you feel better.

Sally said...

I did think about PJs or yoga pants, but I got mixed up with trying to figure out whether to wear long-sleeves or short-sleeves or what. Sad, eh?

Debbie said...

Fun outfit!

Sorry about your head though. (Heh, it obviously doesn't deserve to be in the picture.) Hope it's better now. Ideally, all better, not just a little better.

Sally said...

Thanks! And I am happy to report that the reason for my missing head in the photo is NOT because it exploded :)

My head is doing better literally though figuratively...well, I don't think it's about to explode but it's steaming with anger over the nature of the current public narrative about budget cuts at my organization. Apparently every person in the city believes that they are qualified to proclaim that the jobs of every person in my building are useless and that we should all be fired. Grrr. But that's a rant for another day. I need to go look at some bunnies and chill out.

Debbie said...

Ugh. It is my experience that no one appreciates what all people have to do at their jobs.

Sally said...

Debbie, that's probably pretty much a universal truth.