Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mid-Week Slump

"That 70s Turtle Show"--Wednesday, 5/11/16

I loved the soft-bright hue of her top with the grey skirt.  I couldn't quite replicate those colors, but I could do something with the basic idea of light blue + grey.

From myeverydaywear.blogspot.com

My outfit still has a late winter vibe with the dark wool skirt, but a pop of light blue should be spring-y enough.  Plus: the turtle pendant the Easter Bunny brought me!  Something about this combination of open weave vest, embroidered skirt, and the turtle feels kind of 70s era to me.


Dark grey skirt with black embroidery (thrifted, Point Zero), $2.50/wear
Light blue long-sleeved top (Kohls), $1.02/wear
Black open weave cardigan vest (Kohls), $5.52/wear
Grey leopard wedges by Cole Haan, $9.90/wear
*Turtle pendant (Target), $10.00/wear

Outfit total: $28.94/wear

This skirt is going to the Goodwill pile because the lining layer droops a bit lower than the outer skirt layer in the back, which drives me crazy.  I mean, for a wool skirt, it's nice that the liner is both long enough and protect against itchiness, but having to futz around with arranging the liner of one's skirt is a mug's game.  I prefer wearing clothing that does not bring to mind phrases like "mug's game" or send me searching for phrase origins such that I come across photographs like this.  I could have gone my whole life without seeing that face on the left in particular.

From wordsmith.org

In other news...I found this post on awkward fashion blog poses (i.e., THE FREMDSCHÄMEN SHEVEN) quite amusing. I am torn between "walking into walls" and "taking a dump" as my favorite of her renditions.  Rest assured that you will continue to see "armless column of body" and "jutting hip stance with extended arm holding a phone that gets cropped out of the photo" (which sounds like a yoga pose that is obscure and unused for a reason) as the go-to poses on this blog!

I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night and am exhausted this evening.  Bah.

4 comments:

Jen M. said...

Those are some ugly mugs!

Sally said...

Indeed. I guess we know where that phrase came from... :)

Leah said...

Thank you for sharing my post, Sally! I personally like your "armless column of body" pose because the focus is on your outfit and your witty writing.

Sally said...

Leah, thanks for stopping by! It's always easier to write a post when I can link to someone else's witty writing :)