Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Floral Finch

"Poor Man's Twin Set"--Wednesday, 5/25/16

I enjoyed this combination of grey pants and matching pastel top and cardigan from last spring's Create28 pastel style challenge.  It reminds me of how my mom often wears pastel tops and cardigans of similar colors together.

From alovelylittlewardrobe.com

I took this opportunity to debut two items I purchased using my Goodwill gift card--a light green top and light green cardigan.  Yeah, they aren't quite the same shade (nobody will mistake it for a twin set) but I figure they go well enough together.


*Light green short-sleeved T (thrifted, Walmart), $2.50/wear
*Light green cardigan (thrifted, Jeanne Pierre), $3.50/wear
Dark grey wide leg trousers (thrifted, Lane Bryant), $0.56/wear
Grey ribbon flats by Louise et Cie, $4.17/wear
Orange/green floral scarf (Target), $4.00/wear

Outfit total: $14.73/wear

And when in doubt, a vibrant patterned scarf with a third shade of green can make the mixed-hues action look intentional or distract the eye.  Either way.


I don't have any flower photos for you today, but how about a couple of house finches (with a male who looks like he could land on my scarf and totally blend in)?

I like how the female finch looks like she's saying with some exasperation, Harold, I've told you this a hundred times!  And the male finch is like, Huh?

 
He's really wondering, Who's Harold?

2 comments:

mom said...

Are you saying this is what it looks like when I'm talking to your Dad?

Sally said...

LOL...maybe sometimes! ;)