Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Blogs Made Me Buy Them

"Minty Fish"--Saturday, 5/14/16

This blog post from February 2015 promised "7 casual work outfits with jeans" and really delivered with this mint sweater + jeans + leopard flats combo.

From women-outfits.com

There's no need to reserve this cute look only for work, though.  In place of the embellished collar (doesn't it look to you like an inverted crown?), I added a separate statement necklace to my outfit.  Does mint go with fish?  I'm seeing some recipes that suggest yes (must they all contain lemon as well?) but I am more intrigued by the Vietnamese herb fish mint.


Mint cardigan vest (JCP), $7.82/wear
White long-sleeved crew neck T (Lands End), $1.71/wear
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Target), $0.21/wear
Leopard flats (Nordstrom), $2.78/wear
Gold fish charm necklace (Ann Taylor), $4.96/wear

Outfit total: $17.48/wear

In other news...Last night I read this blog post about the new Lauren Conrad LC Disney Alice in Wonderland collection at Kohls.  For grown-ass women.  I am not making this up.  When I looked online, I found that there is also a Colleen Atwood Alice Through the Looking Glass collection (as in the new movie coming out later this month).  I told Robert that I didn't need any of it and he said (quite rightly), "It isn't about need."  True, it's about love.  I ordered the blue bunny blouse and a selection of graphic Ts/tanks.  We'll see how they work out.

There is also a collection for girls, which is super-adorable.  Why do I not have any girls to shop for?  WHY???

Last weekend I ordered the board game Carcassone, which is a tile-placement game that works with 2 players.  We've played several times already, and it's a winner.  (I had seen a blog post in which someone bought a different game, but when I looked it up, it requires 3 players.  A reviewer referred me to Carcassone as a two-player option.)  It reminds me a bit of dominoes, which makes sense, I guess, with the whole tile-placement thing, though there is a little bit of resource management to it as well.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Carcassone is great. If you haven't played it, Ticket to Ride is also great. It's basically like Risk without the fighting, and just as good for two players as for more (in my experience). I've only played the European edition, but I'm sure they're all good.

Sally said...

I have seen Ticket to Ride as a suggested purchase now on Amazon. Glad to see this seconded by an actual human being :)

Tam said...

I think you might find it very Sally-friendly in that rarely are one's own strategies thwarted by others (especially with only two players).