Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Non-Intuitive Color Choice

"The Maroon Orchid Overlord"--Thursday, 5/12/16

I love the outfit our Reverse Inspiration player put together with plum, magenta, and animal print (is that cheetah?) last summer.

From tealandpolkadots.blogspot.com

My outfit is all maroon, orchid, and brown leopard print.  Not a very obvious combination.


Pink-orchid cardigan (thrifted, Target), $1.87/wear
Maroon pants (thrifted, Lands End), $1.75/wear
*Maroon knit blouse (thrifted, East 5th), $2.99/wear
Brown leopard scarf (Kohls), $2.61/wear
Brown pointy-toed flats by Frye, $7.93/wear

Outfit total: $17.15/wear

Somehow I seem to think that leopard print goes with everything.  I gave that proposition a rather tough test in this outfit, but it passed.  Maroon and orchid, though, I'm still not too sure about.


In other news...I am coming down with a cold.  Bah.  So I'm going to bed early tonight.  That is all.

No comments: