Thursday, May 5, 2016

Brought to You By the Letter D

"The Blurple Floral Overlord"--Thursday, 5/5/16

Once again, I can't find my inspiration photo, so we'll see what Reverse Inspirations I can find.  Here's a good one featuring purple pants and a floral top from a March 2015 roundup of spring/summer street style (brought to you by the letter S).

From blog.styleestate.com

My wear-to-work-in-Coldville version is a lot more bundled up than this but does have those two basic features.


White/purple/green/orange floral blouse (Lands End), $5.00/wear
Purple pants (JCP), $2.67/wear
Teal-green scarf (Target), $1.33/wear
Gold flats (Nordstrom), $2.63/wear

Outfit total: $11.63/wear

I love the combination of the vibrant teal and purple (blurple) colors. 


In other news...I got a call from the doctor's office about my test results this afternoon.  My doctor had warned me that almost everyone in Coldville has low vitamin D levels, but somewhat astonishingly, it turns out that mine are in the healthy range, even though I don't take any vitamin supplements with Vitamin D and don't spend time in the sun. 

But oh, of course!  The best food source of Vitamin D, by far, is cod liver oil!  1 T. cod liver oil has 340% of your recommended daily value.  So my 4-times-per-week-or-so breakfast of 1 T. flax seed oil + 1 T. cod liver oil is to thank for this, I'm sure.

No comments: