Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Vehicular Grumpness

"Teal Investment"--Tuesday, 5/17/16

OK, I'm cheating a little bit here in using this photo because the full outfit is actually a sweater dress with a top layered underneath.  Still, I thought this was a nice inspiration photo for my cardigan vest.

From whyidodeclaire.blogspot.com

To get a bit of that drapeneck feel (and because I have been looking for new ways to wear this shirt), I've paired it with a paisley knit top and a somewhat less dramatic (but still eye-catching) necklace.  Plus these shoes that made one of my co-worker's say "I want shoes that color!  That's so fun!"  (She's a remarkably cheerful and happy person but still, I'll take it.)


Cream cardigan vest (JCP), $7.82/wear
Green/blue paisley drapeneck knit top (JNY/Macy's), $6.25/wear
Hammered silver necklace (JNY), $2.40/wear
Black zip front casual skirt (thrifted, Target), $2.50/wear
Bright teal flats (Payless), $1.08/wear

Outfit total: $20.05/wear

A simple black skirt and some bright flats round things out.  There is a bit of that compensatory dressing action going with chunky sweater + bare legs but it worked.


Check out this pretty tree from our state park visit--I'm loving the drapey, droopy new growth.  It's like the spring counterpart to icicles/tinsel!


In other news...I could have walked home this evening faster than I drove because somehow reducing the major street that I have to take to get to my apartment from 2 lanes to 1 lane means that traffic speed is reduced from 50+ mph to less than 3 mph.

OK, I looked it up to see what's going on and found out that it's a county project.  Here's what they say about it: "Pedestrian curb ramp work is scheduled for May-June 2016 and will last approximately 2-3 weeks to complete. Resurfacing work is scheduled for July-September 2016 and will take approximately 2-3 weeks to complete."

Yep, winter is over.  Welcome to construction season.

No comments: