Thursday, January 7, 2016

Weekend Plans

Twitching--Thursday, 1/7/16

First things first.

Happy Birthday, Dad!

It's been a while since we've done a Reverse Inspiration, so here's one with a purple pencil skirt and a grey cardigan.

From sexymodest.com

When JCP had these Worthington pencil skirts on sale last month, I couldn't resist buying a couple.  They are probably my favorite pencil skirts (with the Halogen seamed pencil skirt from Nordstrom a close second).  Although I have a pair of purple pants, they are those blurple ones, so it was nice to get something that is a true plum-type purple. 


*Purple pencil skirt (JCP), $11.89/wear+
White long-sleeved T (Walmart), $0.50/wear+
Beige-grey ponte knit blazer (Target), $3.57/wear
*Black/beige/grey floral stained glass scarf (Kohls), $6.79/wear+
Grey tights
Grey leopard wedges by Cole Haan, $14.14/wear

Outfit total: $36.89/wear

Instead of a colorful chunky necklace, I went more classic with floral "stained glass" scarf I bought for my birthday.  I like the mix of neutrals in this scarf--I think I'll find it a very useful addition to my scarf collection.


In other news...Robert and I are leaving town after work on Friday to drive about 2.5 hours north of Coldville to a place where an ivory gull--a gull that usually winters about 1500 miles away, north of the Arctic circle--has decided to hang out.  I'm not into gulls as a general rule, but a life gull?  That I would never, ever see otherwise?  That seems worth the drive.  We're hopeful we might also pick up bohemian waxwing while we're there because a flock has been reported in the area.  Luckily it's supposed to be 25 F on Saturday morning, though steadily getting colder as the day goes on, so driving down tomorrow to get a fresh start on the birds during the relatively warm early hours on Saturday morning is our plan.

I would love to pick up a life bird or two as an unbirthday present!

I have now seen photos of my nephew and he is cute.  As my dad put it, now that he's no longer red, he looks like a person.  Yay for babies that look like people!

No comments: