Saturday, January 16, 2016

Gull-less and Cold

Winter Titmice--Saturday, 1/16/16

I have a grey cashmere hoodie that I bought at Goodwill in 2013 but have a bit of difficulty styling for some reason.  It seems like it should be so easy and yet I have only worn it a couple of times.  (I know, my wardrobe is so full that I have a lot of things I've only worn a couple of times for no good reason other than I don't want to change clothes 3 times per day.)  So I am glad that the Work the Wardrobe Challenge is getting me off my duff and getting this hoodie cardigan back on my back.

I decided to adapt this casual Friday appropriate outfit for the weekend, including my titmouse blouse that I really adore and wanted to wear again.

From bridgetteraes.com

For a bit of hyper-print-matching, I added my new silver feather pendant (another birthday purchase) to complement the grey titmice on the blouse.


Grey cashmere hoodie (thrifted, Macy's), $1.66/wear+
Peach titmouse blouse (Kohls), $5.33/wear
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Kohls), $2.33/wear
*Silver feather pendant (JCP), $10.25/wear+
*Grey/rust/tan tribal print flats (Payless), $8.00/wear+

Outfit total: $27.57/wear

I had initially planned to do maroon flats as in the inspiration photo, which looked surprisingly nice with the peach blouse, but the arrival of these tribal print flats from my birthday Payless order changed things for me.  (Yep, more socks + ballet flats.  What's a Coldville resident to do?)


After wearing this cardigan all day and being constantly irritated by how short it is, I'm purging it from my wardrobe.  It's soft and lovely and would be great on someone with a torso about 4" shorter than mine.

In other news...The ivory gull we saw last Saturday hasn't been seen since last weekend.  Then some time during the week, all the other gulls at the canal wall also disappeared.  Robert says that local birders speculate that colder temperatures meant more ice pack out in the lake (which is a Great Lake, so birds easily can get lost to view from shore), which the gulls could use as their base of operations.  So it turns out that I was right to insist we get out there as soon as possible.  One more day and we would have missed it!

Here's another look at the ivory gull among his friends.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I love hypermatching.

And I'm finding this socks + flats combo strangely enchanting. Especially with this blouse.

Sally said...

Thanks! I'm glad to hear it was a successful effort :)