Saturday, January 23, 2016

Chilling

In the Green--Saturday, 1/23/16

Focal item:  Dark green T with white flowers and brown branches

Looking for outfit ideas for this top, I came across this professional work ensemble in promising colors. 

From jimij.polyvore.com

I'm not entirely sure how I got from that to this, but maybe I got the "put a jacket over your shirt" idea from it?  I mean, I wouldn't normally put this suit jacket into a weekend rotation.  It's a mystery.


Denim skirt (thrifted, Levi's), $2.50/wear
Dark green T with flowers and branches (Kohls), $2.55/wear+
Brown/black open front blazer (thrifted, Perceptions New York), $2.50/wear+
White and brown wood bead necklace by RB+
Brown leggings
Tall brown boots by Fitzwell, $7.50/wear

Outfit total: $15.05/wear

"I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking." - Attributed to Albert Einstein but really, it was a fashion blogger's comment on outfit generation.



In other news...Robert and I installed password managers on our computers/phones today.  I have not fully populated mine yet but I've made a good start.  I will finish up tomorrow.

We also drove to a different branch of my bank this morning to deposit a check into my savings account.  We were able to drive up immediately to an open spot in one of the drive through lanes and completed our transaction in only a few minutes.  So much better than last time!

It's actually not that cold here today, but I'm feeling sick, and one of the symptoms is that I keep getting chilled.  (Note to self: iced tea doesn't help with that.) 

No comments: