Sunday, January 24, 2016

#88cents

The Debut of the Crazy New Jeans--Sunday, 1/24/16

Girl, you had me at the tipped blazer.  Adding a striped top and a patterned scarf makes this an irresistible outfit to recreate.

From sweetbananie.blogspot.com

I put my items together with these jeans that I got thrifting with my mom at Christmas.  My mom went through the pants rack for both of us at the 88 cent sale and gave me two pairs to try one.  When I saw this pair, I thought they'd be too small but they fit perfectly!  (And no, they aren't even a super stretchy denim or anything--I just didn't judge the sizing right.)

One of the things about thrift shopping is that you can't say "I'm looking for jeans" and expect to take some home with you.  It's way more random than that.  But this time, I was lucky enough to get a pair of jeans at Goodwill for $6.99, and then a few days later to get these for 88 cents?  It's unreal.

Well, I hope these jeans are real and not a figment of my imagination.  I guess it's good that I'm debuting them on the weekend so it's not a case of Sally's New Clothes at work.


Burgundy tipped blazer (JNY), $13.63/wear
Black and white striped T with shoulder patches (Chaps/Kohls), $4.38/wear
Blue/orange/green floral scarf with black and white section (Target), $4.75/wear
*Straight leg jeans (thrifted, Bandolinoblu), $0.88/wear+
Leopard smoking slippers by Clarks, $2.38/wear

Outfit total: $26.02/wear

Wearing this scarf always cheers me up.  I'm not a huge fan of orange and yellow in general, but I like how bright and happy they are on this scarf (which I've arranged so that those sunny colors really stand out).


In other news...Tam sent this great link to an attempted con story.  Classic.

Robert and I are now totally depleted from spending a lot of time getting our password managers fed and figuring out what's going on with a gazillion different accounts.

I want to spend the rest of the night flopped out, but it's an exercise night.  Damn.  I guess I'll survive, though.

4 comments:

Tam said...

Congrats on the password manager bs. Hopefully it will make your life easier and smoother going forward, as it has mine.

Sally said...

I think it's going to be good, but man, it's kind of a pain in the ass to get it set up. But it was embarrassing to note how many sites I was using the same password for before. I mean, I didn't use Password as my password but the security was definitely lacking.

Tam said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Back at Rice, when I was taking Japanese, I developed the Japanese phrase for "it's good" (which my prof said to us all the time) as what I at the time felt was a very high security password. (It's 8 letters long in English, all lowercase.) For years it was my default password to anything that didn't require super-high security. (Now I only use it for things I absolutely don't care about anyone hacking, like if a newspaper makes me have a login in order to read 6 free articles a month or something.)

But most of my other passwords followed a pattern, not this exact one but my list of passwords was comparable to this -

tk74wellsfargo
tk74citibank
tk74gmail
tk74landsend

etc.

which means that if anyone intelligent got hold of one, they would basically have a whole bunch more to try.

Now my passwords are things like a'nVKtB7y0 ycf!1xmbv that my password manager makes up. I do have (pretty damn secure) passwords that I can remember for my password manager (duh), Gmail (because it's the key to all passwords as a last resort, and because it's convenient to be able to easily use it), and Facebook (in case I'm at a computer somewhere and don't feel like typing my password manager password into my phone).

Sally said...

It is terribly hard not to fall prey to the variants of a single password thing.