Tuesday, January 5, 2016

This Again

The Beginning of a 5 Day Work Week--Monday, 1/4/16

Although I have a zillion ideas for wearing a "winter white" skirt, this one popped to the top of the list with its fun color combination.  Mia kills it where colorful legs are concerned (though she is a fan of thigh highs rather than full-on tights).  Also, it allows me to wear both a new skirt and a new sweater, killing two birds with one stone.

From readinginskirts.wordpress.com

My legs are burgundy rather than this rust color but I think it has basically the same effect.  And of course I could not resist the opportunity to add a new bird print scarf, which I purchased to help qualify for free shipping and fell in love with because: birds.  Wait, now I'm regretting the "killing two birds" comment earlier.   Let me try this again as: It allows me to wear a bunch of birds, colorful tights, and two other new garments.  Not as metaphorical but also not as inappropriately bloodthirsty.


*Long white pencil skirt (Walmart), $12.00/wear+
*Grey pullover sweater (thrifted, Laura Scott), $5.24/wear+
*Burgundy tights (JCP)+
*Navy/burgundy/blue birds scarf (Kohls), $6.79/wear+
Maroon ankle boots by Dolce Vita, $18.75/wear

Outfit total: $42.78/wear

Is it possible for me to have too many scarves?  I think not, though I must admit that my three scarf hanging racks are getting kind of full these days.  But wait, I could always buy a fourth scarf rack--problem solved!


I was really surprised when this skirt from Walmart.com turned out to be a winner.  I've tried several white pencil skirts and none even came close to being what I was looking for.  I kind of like the somewhat longer length on this one--a welcome change to the many "good but too short" skirts I've tried out and either rejected or had to relegate to tights season.  One downside to this skirt, shared by almost all white skirts, is that even though it's lined, it's still on the sheer side.  I think it's fine with tights but when the warm weather comes around again, I'll need to get a half slip to wear under it.  I was spoiled by my old pleated white skirt (which I spoiled with an unfortunate guacamole stain), which was made of an atypically opaque yet summery fabric.

In other news...I spent 2 hours stuffing envelopes.  Wheeeee!

No comments: