Friday, January 8, 2016

Getting Colder

"Fluffy Rain"--Friday, 1/8/16

A simple outfit taken to the next level with the addition of a nice textured top and a fiercely cute dog.  Can't do the dog but I can play with some textures.

From looplooks.net

If it were summer, I'd wear my own eyelet top, but for the colder weather, I think my lace-front sweater is on point.  For a bonus, I have a new corduroy blazer I bought at Goodwill with my mom at Christmas to up the textural interest.  I also lucked out at Goodwill with this pair of dark wash boot cut jeans.  Getting some new jeans had been one of my shopping goals, and although saying "I am going to Goodwill to get some jeans" is a tall order in my experience, the shopping gods were with us this year.


Light pink lace front pullover sweater (Kohls), $3.20/wear+
*Olive corduroy blazer (thrifted, JCP), $6.99/wear+
*Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Kohls), $6.99/wear+
*Pink/tan/black striped flats (Payless), $7.99/wear+
Orange/pink/green "Moroccan" scarf (Charming Charlie), $3.50/wear

Outfit total: $28.67/wear

I added the scarf and striped flats to (1) jazz up the whole thing a bit and (2) get these new warm weather shoes (another birthday purchase--I'm growing quite a collection of these Payless ballet flats) worn despite the fact that it's January in Coldville.


I'm not really a socks + ballet flats kind of dresser but needs must, you know?


In other news...It's been snowing this afternoon, the kind of wet snow that lands on the existing snow and melts it.  (It was amusing going to the parking lot and seeing how poorly it seemed that we'd all parked, but there had been over an inch of snow on the ground when we got to work this morning so the parking spot lines had been completely obscured.)  My office mate said, "I've figured it out.  It's not snow.  It's fluffy rain." 

We're looking at colder weather for our birding trip than we'd hoped.  The forecast is now saying it will be about 8 F at 8 a.m. tomorrow and dropping below 0 by late afternoon.  It's gonna be a chilly day for standing around looking for/at birds, but I think it will be worth it. 

No comments: