Saturday, January 2, 2016

Snow Leopard

And Wild Alice--Saturday, 1/2/16

Let's mix it up with leopard print jackets!

#1: With a graphic T, black ankle pants, and black pointy-toed flats.

From thejenesaisquoi.blogspot.com

#2:  With a black patterned shirt, black ankle pants, and black flats.

From myeverydaywear.blogspot.com
I thought this was a good way to wear this odd tunic with metallic flower embellishments.  And after realizing, Oh god, it's January in Coldville, what am I thinking? I put on my Alice scarf in a fauxfinity style.  But I still wore flats that exposed a lot of foot...though it was pretty warm in the apartment today because of all the sun.


Black knit tunic with flower embellishments (thrifted, Macy's), $2.00/wear+
Black ankle pants (thrifted, Eileen Fisher), $1.25/wear
Grey leopard knit jacket (thrifted, Macy's), $1.25/wear
Alice in Wonderland scarf (nerdAlertCreations), $6.67/wear
Black pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom), $2.50/wear

Outfit total: $13.67/wear

Bonus outfit photo!  My rabbit pajamas with my rabbit robe (both birthday purchases).  Is that a lot of bunnies or what?  I usually don't like wearing a robe, but this one is pretty comfortable, and its snazzy bunny print makes it irresistible.  Most of my pajama sets have matching pants and button up shirt (i.e., the traditional "jacket-and-trousers combination"), but this one came with a soft grey knit top instead, so it's convenient having another rabbit-y layer to put over them on cold mornings.  Plus, I'm all in favor of rabbit print mixing.  (Though note I didn't wear my bunny slippers, at least; I would have if I'd thought of it!)


Starting a new year meant starting a new rabbit calendar (which luckily Robert had purchased for us a few months in advance so I did not have to go even a single day without one).  January's buns are a Netherland dwarf and a dwarf lop, both of which look scared/disturbed/uncertain.  I made a point of showing them this bunnified pajamas set, the various rabbit pictures on the walls, the glasses rabbit tote bag on the sofa, etc., to reassure them that they were emerging from their cellophane wrapped place of safety to a happy rabbit zone.  Robert said, "Welcome to the warren."  So The Warren is totally the name of our apartment now--just pretend that we live in a little cottage in England and this will all make sense.  Well, except maybe the part where I am talking to the rabbits on the wall calendar.

In other news...It took FOREVER to get through the drive through window at the bank today.  We'd planned to go in but there was no parking anywhere near the bank.  (Robert later determined that there was a walk-in health clinic down the block, so perhaps all the parking in the bank parking lot and surrounding area was taken up by people with the flu.)  I do not exaggerate when I say that as we sat in the same spot, the second car in our line, I saw 5 cars get through the line to our right.  We spent at least 15 minutes as the second car--I didn't start keeping track right away--and who knows how much time before that.

No comments: