Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Finishing Up

Pink Peacock--Tuesday, 1/26/16

My outfit has very little in common with this casual summery inspiration photo.  But seeing the purple blouse reminded me of a purple pullover sweater I need to wear, and I have a skirt with a geometric shape pattern that looks a little bit like the polka dots on these shorts.

From bridgetteraes.com

From there it was clear that I should add a lavender button up shirt, also new to the WtW Challenge.  I made the whole thing weather appropriate with a bunch of grey on my legs.


Purple pullover sweater (Kohls), $2.83/wear+
Lavender striped button up shirt (thrifted, Eddie Bauer), $1.33/wear+
Pink/purple/grey tweed skirt (thrifted, JCP), $1.67/wear+
Grey tights
Grey ankle boots by Seychelles, $10.77/wear
*Gold/pink peacock pendant (Target), $9.50/wear+

Outfit total: $26.10/wear

Isn't this a terrific little peacock pendant?  I love all the cascading feathers.  This was one of those "let's go pick up a couple things at Target and come home with some cool, random stuff that wasn't on the shopping list" purchases.


In other news...I had a headache tonight, so we did an early exercise session (because I didn't know how I'd feel later and watching TV is one of the most headache-compatible things I do) while watching Burn Notice...and things hit such an interesting point that we watched the last two episodes as well to wind up the program.  (I even did some strengthening exercises for my knee intermittently while we watched.)  Man, that show really finished strong.  I think the last season might have been the best one.

So I'm thinking due to popular acclaim (at least on this blog) that we will try Murder in Paradise as our next go-to watching-during-exercise TV show.

I already wish we were finishing up this work week, too.  I keep fighting against the cold(s) that are taking over my office, and though I think I've kept the upper hand so far, the fight is exhausting.

4 comments:

mom said...

Dad and I are just starting to get over bad colds that we got the day after we got home from Jenifer and Rick's. We are so glad we weren't around the baby.

Sally said...

Ugh, at least the timing of it worked out. But to both be sick at the same time, that's not fun at all.

Debbie said...

Hmm, we got annoyed with Burn Notice after a while. Sounds like we need to go back and check out the last season.

Sally said...

Debbie, yeah, there was a stretch where I wasn't loving it either (like OK, yet another conspiracy inside a conspiracy? whatev), but it definitely picked up in the last season (maybe more than the last season). There are a lot worse ways to spend your time than the last season of Burn Notice.