Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Baby It's Cold Outside

What to Wear to Work When It's 2 F Outside--Tuesday, 1/12/16

Aha, a winter outfit that would actually be warm enough to wear in January in Coldville...

From mixmatchfashion.com

...especially if you put a quilted vest on top of the sweater and wrap a new big-ass-butterfly scarf around your neck.  I like the geometric printed skirt she's wearing, but I decided this was a good excuse to wear my new polka dot skirt (from my birthday Walmart.com order) for the first time.  I already have a black and white skirt but I like that this one is long enough to wear in the summer without tights, and for under $13, a versatile pencil skirt seems worth it.


*Black polka dot pencil skirt (Walmart), $12.88/wear+
Bright pink pullover sweater (thrifted, Foxcroft), $2.50/wear+
*Black/grey/pink big butterfly scarf (Kohls) [free with Kohls cash]+
Black quilted vest, $2.22/wear
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell, $3.50/wear

Outfit total: $21.10/wear

I picked up this scarf in the Kohls store in December when I went to return a couple items and to use my Kohls cash, which was enough to buy this scarf on sale with a dollar and change to spare.  Free is a very good price for a vibrant printed scarf.

This is my second butterfly scarf, so to distinguish it from the other one, I'm calling it the "big butterfly" scarf.  The scarf is not very large, but the butterflies in the print are.
 

Butterflies of Unusual Size, perhaps.  One of the highly secret joys of the Fire Swamp, much more obscure than the Rodents of Unusual Size.  You would know all about this if you read The Field Guide to Things Living Out of Doors (1897) like that Modcloth model.

From imoviequotes.com

No comments: