Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Big News

Not About This Outfit--Wednesday, 1/6/16

Isn't that backdrop marvelous?  I used this inspiration photo as an excuse to wear two December purchases--my new cream cardigan vest and a blouse I bought at Goodwill.

From damselindior.com

Add dark green pants and leopard flats and my work here is done.  (I'm not sure how I managed to wear dark green--a color I wear infrequently--two days in a row.  Just lucky, I guess.)


*Cream cardigan vest (JCP), $23.46/wear+
*Dark green/maroon/black floral knit top (thrifted, Kohls), $4.99/wear+
Dark green pants (Kohls), $2.80/wear
Leopard flats (Nordstrom), $3.12/wear
Red bead necklace by RB

Outfit total: $34.37/wear

The cardigan vest was a little pricey by my recent standards (though significantly better than the $60 original tag), but I have been kind of bonkers about sweater vests in general lately, and I liked the idea of a chunky cardigan style vest (as opposed to the pullover sweater vests I have been wearing).  Though even my classic preppy/librarian style sweater vests are having a bit of a moment this year, as this article in Vogue will attest, the ones I've seen talked about most lately are these chunkier ones, as discussed in this fab post from stylist Bridgette Raes.


In big news...You can call me Aunt Sally now.  My sister had her baby this afternoon!  I don't want to steal her thunder so I'm waiting for her or my brother-in-law to post to FB before I go into details.  But I'm excited!  It's going to be fun!

No comments: