Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Kicking It

Horse Theme--Wednesday, 1/20/16

I liked the contrast between the red tights and the brown skirt in this outfit, though it is a pretty intense fashion statement.

From work-it-blog.blogspot.com

I went a lot more subdued for my version, which uses dark maroon leggings in place of red tights and tall brown boots that further tone down the effect.  (And I discovered that in my not-well-lit bedroom, it is very hard in the afternoon to distinguish these maroon leggings from brown leggings.  Note to self: bring them into the light!)


*Brown corduroy skirt (thrifted, Walmart), $2.99/wear+
*White textured pullover sweater (thrifted, Liz Claiborne), $4.99/wear+
Maroon leggings
Tall brown boots by Fitzwell, $8.08/wear
Brown horse scarf (Target), $3.00/wear

Outfit total: $19.06/wear

I like this oversized dolman-sleeve sweater that I bought thrift shopping with my mom last month.  Both the texture and the shape are unusual.  It is not the most conventionally flattering silhouette in the world, but it's just flattering enough.


In other news...I am equal parts impressed and terrified that this woman goes 10-14 days between hair washings!  I wash my hair about twice a week these days (using dry shampoo in between) and that's working pretty well for me.  I washed my hair Monday morning and let it air dry--and it was so soft I wanted to pet it like it was a soft bunny.  OK, that's kind of fucked up.  But my point is that if my hair is like a horse's mane, on Monday, it was a show horse that just won the really, really big trophy.

And I just noticed that without realizing it, I've invoked horses twice in this post.  Each part was written at a different point in time, and I only now am looking back at the first part and seeing my horse scarf in the photo.

My approach to writing these posts is that I generally write the first part in advance, when I'm done with my outfit planning, etc., and then add something at the end on/near the day I post.  (I confess, I am writing this part on Tuesday night, right after I saw that crazy hair washing post and wanted to share it for the next day, which is...um...today.  All this time travel is confusing!)  I get a lot of the early stuff written on the weekend when I have a brain...or late on a weekend night when my brain has turned to mush and trickled out my ears and you get a bunch of posts about the Fire Swamp or whatever--it's a mixed bag, but I do a lot of the writing when I have more energy than I typically do when I get home from work.

So if it's a bit disjointed, well, that's why.

And if it all ties together with a bow like a ribbon in a pony's tail...


Stay back, I kick.

No comments: