Monday, June 1, 2015

Wrong Colored Leaves for Spring...or Summer

But Appropriate for the Cooler Weather--Monday, 6/1/15

I was inspired to add something to my outfit after seeing this spring ensemble color suggestion on Youlookfab.com--orange, bright pink, and white.

From youlookfab.com

My leaf skirt comes with orange and bright pink pre-mixed for my color combining convenience, and it's an obvious next step for me to pair it with brown.  This leads to a really autumnal outfit.  But when I saw Angie's pin using white, I decided I'd try putting a white blazer with my outfit.  I'm not wearing anything else with white in it (unless you count my pinkish-white skin) but I still think it works--it also definitely distinguishes it from an otherwise way-similar fall version of the same basic outfit.


*Brown long-sleeved T (Macy's)+, $10.98/wear
Brown/pink/orange leaf print skirt (thrifted, Talbots)+, $1.25/wear
White blazer (thrifted, Liz Claiborne)+, $1.67/wear
Brown flats by Frye+, $13.87/wear
Peach swag necklace (Kohls)+, $1.50/wear

I'm not alone in liking my overall brown with some orange and a pop of white.  Robert's gorgeous Harris's hawk sports this handsome combination, too.  (Orange on the wing, white on the tail.)  He hangs out next to Robert's computer area in the dining room.
 

In other news...I'm on Day 2 of a total caffeine fast, including chocolate.  It's going to be a long week.

No comments: