Saturday, June 13, 2015

Counting

One, Two, Three--Saturday, 6/13/15

Such a nice weekend outfit, perhaps more appropriate to fall than spring, but I can make this work.

From polka-dottyplace.blogspot.com

Or can I?  I wasn't entirely happy with how this outfit turned out, and I think it's because this scarf (though adorable) just isn't volumetric enough for my tastes.  Even tied into a double-looped faux-finity scarf, there just isn't a lot of fabric there.  The scarf looks skinny and doesn't hang down very far, and I think it throws off the proportions.  A bigger scarf, like in the inspiration photo, would work better in this case.


*Olive travel T (thrifted, Chico's), $1.75/wear+
Cream knit cardigan (Kohls), $2.40/wear+
Wide leg cuffed jeans (thrifted, Bandolindoblu), $2.50/wear
Navy owl scarf (Nordstrom), $5.00/wear+
Brown flats by Frye, $12.33/wear

Even though I find this scarf a bit hard to wear, I still really like those cute little owls on it.  I think it would probably look all right if left to hang long instead of wrapped up.  And perhaps I need to try adding this scrawny scarf to my heavier solid navy scarf for some double scarf action this fall!


OK, forget double, let's talk triple--like the three Dutch rabbits on our Welcome mat.  Of course, we don't have the Welcome mat outside the front door, like people do who want to welcome strangers into their abode.  It sits inside the front door on our little wooden entry way, in front of the coat closet, where only people who have already gained access to the apartment can see it and be cheered by its triple bunny goodness.  The long winters of snow and salt have gotten this mat pretty dirty, so it's a good thing these rabbits are such conscientious groomers.  Well, the grey one on the left may have given it up as no good, but the other two are still game for cleaning.


In other news...It's Flag Day Eve, a very special day in our household.  But we're doing our celebrating tomorrow, on Flag Day proper.  A morning trip to a wildflower center/bird sanctuary in Snow City and lunch at a Brazilian steakhouse (also in Snow City).  After that, who knows?

No comments: