Monday, June 8, 2015

As Easy As It Gets

Black Florals--Monday, 6/8/15

How simple is this?  Dark floral blouse, bright pants, shoes.

From work-it-blog.blogspot.com

Done and done.  With the interesting collar shape and the blind tucks down the front of the blouse, I decided (against all instinct) that I didn't even want to wear a necklace with it.  A shirt this fun can carry the look all by itself...especially when the rest of it is the matchy-matchy goodness of bright pink.  Two co-workers boggled today that my shoes exactly match my pants.  Yep.


*Black/pink/light blue floral blouse (JNY)+, $8.82/wear
Bright pink pants (Dockers)+, $2.92/wear
Bright pink flats (Payless), $4.33/wear

So I am absolutely thrilled with this blouse.  It has a loose fit and is made from a very lightweight fabric that drapes nicely--even though it's long-sleeved, I think it will work nicely for the Coldville summer.

The last time I tried on these pink pants (pre-Life Style Challenge), I noted that they were getting to be too tight.  Now after a few months of the challenge, they fit better.  I hope that they continue to fit until my strength training builds my Thighs of the Colossus to a pant-shredding level of muscularity that even Lou Ferrigno's Incredible Hulk could not attain


Another old favorite, The Garden of Earthly Delights lives these days above my dresser in the bedroom. 


In other news...The high temperature was in the 80s today--it's starting to feel like summer.  Those of you who are already in the 90s (or like a blogger in Florida talking about already hitting the 100+ mark) are probably all, Waaah, deal with it, baby.  I'm just very pleased that our new apartment has a more functional A/C than the last one.  It'll be interesting to see how it stands up as the summer advances.  At work, the little fan we've borrowed from a co-worker is saving my life.  When I get in at 8:00 or earlier, there is no A/C running so it's muggy and warm.  Bah.

I've decided that the peach version of the fruit crumble is my favorite.  Of course, the downside is that it's so delicious I could easily eat the whole frigging thing in one day.  So far, I've avoided that, though, and am continuing to use it to bribe myself to exercise.  I woke up this morning with pain in my neck and the shoulder that I'd injured last week, but it went away after I'd been up for a while.  I'm really looking forward to everything being normal again because I am itching to lift weights again.  Those Hulk-esque muscles aren't going to build themselves.

No comments: