Sunday, June 21, 2015

Like a Bird on the Wire

Like a Drunk in a Midnight Choir--Sunday, 6/21/15

When I saw Alice in a bird on a wire top, I knew I'd found the inspiration for how to wear my new T-shirt.  With stripes!

From happinessatmidlife.com

Another Sunday, another wear of my comfy black and white striped knit skirt. 


*Peach birds on a wire T (Kohls), $5.00/wear+
Black and white striped knit skirt (thrifted, Target), $0.50/wear
Black traveler cardigan (thrifted, Chico's), $0.50/wear
Black Lifestride flats, $2.03/wear
Aqua/red/white bead necklace (Target), $6.17/wear

I liked her coral/aqua color scheme, so I carried that through with my necklace.


OK, this isn't exactly bunnies on a wire, but it is two bunnies lined up next to each other in a mirror.  (Work with me here, all right?)  Bobby Bubbles spruces up Robert's bathroom and functions as a regular reminder to brush your teefs!


I also cannot pass up this opportunity to mention the awesomeness of Bobby Tables, the star of the only student information system database comic that I've ever seen.  (Know of others?  Let me know in the comments!)  The comic has even inspired a site that explains how to avoid getting your database fucked up by tricksters like Bobby's mom.

I'm a really new SQL user, if you want to call me one at all.  (I am currently working my way through this book.)  But the danger I can do to our database is limited because I don't have even query access to the production database, only the... (wait for it) ...mirror.  (Rimshot.)

Life Style Challenge Week 16--nothing new here but I have tried in my way to be healthy

(1)  No bread, no pasta, no rice, no potato/corn/tortilla chips
(2)  Cardio exercise for 30+ minutes, 4 days a week
(3)  Strength training exercise for 10+ minutes, 2 days a week
(4)  Average 2 or fewer Triscuits per day
(5)  Continue flaxseed oil/cod liver oil regimen
(6)  Continue fruit crumble/exercise bribery scheme
(7)  Continue identifying/preparing/eating alternatives to almond butter and chocolate

In other news...I noticed on Saturday that the young house sparrow hanging around on our balcony has become a self-sufficient seed eater!  He had been following his dad around, beating his wings and begging for food, but now he's just chowing down all on his own.  A proud moment.

Really, that little sparrow is more mature than I am because when I'm around my dad, I definitely do something more like "beg until I'm fed" than fend for myself.  My dad's gotten to be a pretty good cook in recent years (he's been getting a lot of practice) so it's always a pleasure (for me at least, heh) to have him feed me.

To my dad, who brings home the bacon and fries it up in the pan,

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: