Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Fruit Crumble Recipe

For Mom, the crumble recipe I promised...delivered a day early!

Fruit Crumble
Adapted from Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo

16 - 20 oz. fresh or frozen fruit (berries, peaches, apples...for apples, I use 2 - 3 depending on the size)
1 c. almond flour
1/4 c. chopped macademia nuts or walnuts
1/2 c. melted butter
2 T. sweetener (the recipe calls for maple syrup; I've been using Splenda to restrict sugar intake)
~1/2 t. cinnamon
A bit of salt (the recipe calls for "2 pinches")

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Thaw fruit in colander under running water, if using frozen fruit.  Spray 9x9 inch Pyrex dish and add fruit.

In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter, almond flour, nuts, sweetener, cinnamon, and salt.

Spread the nut topping evenly over the fruit and bake until the fruit is well cooked and the topping is golden brown, 30-40 minutes--30-35 minutes is usually enough for me.

"Yield 6 servings"--not in my experience, but you may be able to make that work.

2 comments:

mom said...

My comment is at least a day late! Thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to try it. However, I can't do too much almond meal, so maybe we can substitute flour for part of it.

Sally said...

Substituting flour should work just fine.