Saturday, June 27, 2015

Who Let the Dogs Out

Summer Dogs--Saturday, 6/27/15

I mentioned before that I have flagged my summer-specific items so that I can be sure to wear them before the cool fall weather hits.  One of these is a new-to-me brown hiking skort.

Although Alice is going to work in her bright pink/brown combo, I decided to try these colors for a highly casual weekend outfit.

From happinessatmidlife.com

One advantage of my recent closet clean-out is that I have reduced my bright pink shirt supply to a more manageable level.  It was easy to pick this somewhat-short knit top as the winner.  And as for the necklace, it was so weird but after I put it on, I noticed a strange short length of silver chain hanging from the front.  The necklace extender I thought I'd lost a few months ago down the drain because it disappeared while I was standing over the sink?  I guess I dropped it and it got tangled up in this necklace while I was wearing it.  Strange, eh?


*Brown hiking skort (thrifted, Lane Bryant), $5.00/wear+
Bright pink top with foldover scoop collar (thrifted, Rafaella), $2.00/wear+
Brown plaid sneakers (Rocket Dog)+
Wild ball necklace (Macy's), $5.21/wear

I'm not technically counting my old sneakers as part of my Work the Wardrobe Challenge (arguably because I have fully depreciated them and I'm not going to get rid of them any time soon even if I go a while without wearing them, but really because I just didn't think to include several pairs of summer shoes that were boxed away when I started this thing) but I still will keep them in the mix. 


I got this octopus print at an aquarium I visited with Robert (I don't remember which one).  It hangs in my bathroom.


In other news...Today Robert and I started doing some research for our vacation to the Twin Cities in the middle of July (and my parents visit for a few days the following week).  It turns out there are a lot of things to do there.  But one thing that stopped me dead in my tracks--just in time for my next birthday, the Guthrie Theater is putting on The Cocoanuts.  When I saw the title, I thought, Heh, like The Cocoanuts, funny.  Then I read the description and oh shit, it really is that The Cocoanuts!...or at least a modern musical adaptation of it, which was itself a Broadway musical before it became the movie we all know and love. 

I also watched the last episode of Season 3 of Orange is the New Black today and damn, that show just goes from strength to strength.  I'm ready for Season 4, damn it, hurry up! 

No comments: