Monday, June 29, 2015

A Jewel

Yet Another Work Week Begins--Monday, 6/29/15

This Reverse Inspiration might not have the highest level of fidelity, but the idea had to travel all the way back to February 2011, so give her a break.

From whatiwore.tumblr.com

After a seemingly long time of having no purple tops, I have bought several in the past year.  This one was a thrift store bargain with the rare but excellent elbow length sleeve.  I like this somewhat-short jewel tone scarf better as a faux-finity scarf than how I've worn it in the past (European loop).


*Purple top with elbow length sleeves (thrifted, East 5th), $4.00/wear+
Black fold pencil skirt (JCP), $2.53/wear+
Jewel tone semi-floral scarf (Target), $1.71/wear+
*Maroon flats (Payless), $16.99/wear+

I've been wanting a pair of maroon or burgundy shoes, so I was happy to get these so inexpensively.  Now if only it were cool enough to warrant wearing my olive green blazer, I would have picked up all the colors in the scarf...well, except for yellow.


So clearly I need to get egg yolk all over myself at breakfast...or maybe I'll just pair the outfit with a photo of hard boiled eggs and call it good.

I can't decide whether the bottom two egg halves look like hearts or owls.  Maybe heart-faced owls. 




Quote of the Day:  “I’m a cardiologist,” he said, “and I had a patient come in once asking about salmon. He said, ‘I heard there’s PCBs in salmon. Should I be eating wild salmon or farmed salmon?’ I said, ‘Stop smoking.’”  (Read the whole short thing.)

Life Style Challenge Week 16

(1)  No bread, no pasta, no rice, no potato/corn/tortilla chips
(2)  Cardio exercise for 30+ minutes, 4 days a week
(3)  Strength training exercise for 10+ minutes, 2 days a week
(4)  Average 2 or fewer Triscuits per day
(5)  Continue flaxseed oil/cod liver oil regimen
(6)  Continue fruit crumble/exercise bribery scheme
(7)  Continue identifying/preparing/eating alternatives to almond butter and chocolate
(8)  Start logging food intake re: macronutrient breakdown, vitamins, omega-6/3, etc.

I added #8 to my list because I'm wondering what effects my newly reduced menus are having in terms of nutrition.  If I'm eating too much sugar or too little fiber or whatever, it would be good to know that because I'm eating a very similar diet from day to day and week to week, so things are less likely to balance out than did before.

I really want to do #3 today but I'm having neck/shoulder pain again.  I guess it's time to identify some neck/shoulder exercises! 

No comments: