Thursday, September 22, 2016

Surgery Update + Rabbit Number Reveal

"Coral Leopard Fall Transition"--Thursday, 9/22/16

I LOVED this outfit that was featured on YouLookFab.  Even though I didn't have the pieces to create it when I saw it, I added it to my Pinterest board in case I ever did. 

From youlookfab.com

And then I bought a coral scarf and realized I could do a version of this look.  Mine has a darker leopard print and a cargo blazer (is that a thing?) in place of a trench coat, but I liked how my rendition turned out.  The bright + dark neutral color scheme seems just right for the first calendar day of fall.  The only thing that could be more fitting is if I were to be holding a pumpkin spice latte...which would even coordinate with my outfit so, yeah.  Of course, I think it's silly that pumpkin flavor/scent/etc. is relegated to the autumn season--viva la pumpkin all year long!


Brown leopard dress (Lands End), $7.50/wear
Olive blazer (thrifted, Maurice's), $0.83/wear
Coral lace infinity scarf (Walmart), $2.07/wear
Orange flats (Payless), $0.77/wear

Outfit total: $11.17/wear

I think the orange and coral are close enough in shade to work together (especially divided by this expanse of leopard print) as an accessory bundle.  I could have worn black pointy-toed shoes, like in the inspiration photo, but decided to let my matchy-matchy instincts carry the day.  #bookend'd  (#zaboo'd)


For another striking brown/black pattern, check out the fur on this mini lop. 


In other news...I went to the urologist today for my 3-month-post-kidney-stone-surgery check-up to review the results of last week's imaging and find out whether I will need another surgery.  The good news is that "surgery would be unnecessarily aggressive at this time."  I will go back in 6 months for an xray (at the same time/place as the urologist appointment, not a separate hospital thing) and we'll see how I'm doing then.  The imaging did reveal one small kidney stone but it's unclear whether that is a new one or a fragment of the one they blasted in the surgery.  In any event, fingers crossed that all goes well for the next 6 months!

Thanks to all who guessed on the rabbit photo number.  I have 645 rabbit photos prepared, so the winner is Jen with her guess of 600 photos.  Congratulations, Jen!  Here is your prize ;)

Are you guys ready for the weekend?  I am!

3 comments:

Jen M. said...

Yay! I'm a winner! ;)

mom said...

Jennifer, you've always been a winner!! Sally, so glad you won't have surgery any time soon. I bet you are relieved.

Sally said...

Very much so!