Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday Twisting

"An Outfit of Omissions"--Sunday, 9/25/16

I liked this round-up of teacher style inspirations featuring a black skirt (perhaps the most basic, ubiquitous garment there is, aside from black pants and jeans).  Definitely some good outfit formulas on display.  I chose to transition this work outfit (with the white with black polka dots top that every fashion blogger seems to own) for the weekend.

From alittlebitofwowe.blogspot.com

Oops, two problems with this photo.  (1) I forgot to put the skirt in it so it looks like I'm planning to run around with my ass hanging out.  (2) The red cardigan blends into the sofa, so it looks like I'm planning to wear the world's narrowest shirt.  Together, these oversights suggest that I am going to be extremely under-dressed.  But at least I didn't forget the shoes--which is a recurring theme in certain anxiety dreams I have.  They usually involve going to school without shoes.  Not a good move for a teacher...or even someone mimicking a teacher outfit.  (It's bad enough that with this White Rabbit pocket watch, it's always 5:05 so I am always late to class.)


Black and white short-sleeved top (Liz Claiborne/JCP), $3.57/wear
Black peplum hiking skirt (Royal Robbins/REI), $2.27/wear
Red cardigan (JNY), $3.90/wear
White Rabbit pocket watch pendant (Zad), $2.48/wear
Cream/gold captoe flats by Anne Klein, $0.93/wear

Outfit total: $13.15/wear

This white rabbit didn't mind the twist that my outfit took.  OK, yep, I have They Might Be Giants in my head now.

Twisting, twisting...in the cage.

In other news...The rabbits of the world will NOT APPROVE of this, but I thought that the first photo of this post was so cute.  (I would feel differently if I were a bunny, though.)

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Three comments:
1) I am wearing black *shorts* right now, one of my staples.
2) I need a polka-dot top. I do have a polka-dot nightgown, though.
3) I really could not figure out what you would like that bunnies would not, so I had to click through to the link. Wow, nice shot.

Sally said...

I agree that was a fab photo. One of the advantages of living in Alaska is the wildlife...maybe the only advantage.

Debbie said...

The taxes are better than other states. See .

Debbie said...

Okay, my link disappeared. It's http://northernexpenditure.com/financial-benefits-alaska/.

Sally said...

Right, I had forgotten about their unusual tax situation up there. Plus you're conveniently located near the parts of Canada where people don't live. Irresistible! ;)