Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Oral Surgery Outfit

"Paisley Mix Master"--Tuesday, 9/13/16

Another seersucker pants outfit that I re-adapted in my post-seersucker pants condition.

From landsend.com

At least it has pants (the Work the Wardrobe Challenge Pants MVP #5 at 7 wears) and a polka dot top and an overall summery vibe.  That's where the resemblance ends.


Navy polka dot top (Kohls), $3.44/wear
Green pants (JCP), $1.76/wear
Navy sleeveless cardigan vest (thrifted, Eddie Bauer), $0.31/wear
Chambray flats (Payless), $2.12/wear
Green/navy paisley silk scarf (thrifted), $5.00/wear

Outfit total: $12.63/wear

But I enjoyed wearing this silk scarf so it's all good.


Here's another polka dot close up--this time, on an English spot.


In other news...I went to the periodontist and had the excessive gum tissue removed.  The good news: it only ended up costing me $73.40 for this procedure (I don't know yet how much the biopsy will cost).  The bad news:  the numbing agent hasn't worn off entirely yet but I am already in a lot of pain.  The dentist recommended ibuprofen, Tylenol, or both together for the pain.  I've taken some Tylenol but I can't tell that it's done anything.  I'm not in kidney-stone-level pain here, but it is bad enough that I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating on anything.  Waaaaaah.  (I don't think the pain is a sign that something has gone wrong--I assume it's just part of my whole "everything has to hurt me more" problem.)

3 comments:

Tam said...

I'm sorry you're in pain - that sucks. (Thank you, Captain Obvious!)

Sally said...

Thanks, I'm doing better now that I've taken some leftover painkillers from my kidney stone surgery. I hope I'll be OK to go to work tomorrow, since Thursday I'm going to the hospital for my long imaging session. Wheeee!

Tam said...

Finally saw this comment - sorry for not noticing sooner :-)