Monday, September 12, 2016

Birding Bunday

"Animal Equations"--Sunday, 9/11/16

Can I make a graphic T like my Watership Down one work for summer casual Friday?  This inspiration photo from a spring 2014 blog post made me think perhaps I can.

From shealennon.com

Add a tipped blazer, black skirt, and a necklace and flats in matching bright colors--does the result look office acceptable?  I'm not 100% convinced, so I decided to wear it on Sunday instead.  Hmm, doesn't lion charm necklace + bunnies = Leo?!


Watership Down graphic T (Out of Print), $3.29/wear
Black skirt (thrifted, Axcess), $0.83/wear
Navy blazer tipped with black (thrifted, Nordstrom), $4.00/wear
Orange flats (Payless), $0.83/wear
Lion charm necklace (thrifted), $1.11/wear

Outfit total: $10.06/wear

Leo says, Work?  What's that?  Oh, some silly human thing.  Zzzzzzz.

Every day is like Sunday--you know, made for napping.

In other news...A really interesting review of a book making the case against cats (specifically, feral cats and free-roaming house cats, i.e., bird-killers).

In related news....Tam sends this "charming (very) short story about an AI who likes cat pictures."

In the morning, Robert and I went to a nearby nature preserve, walked about 3 miles (in 2.5 hours, hah) and looked birds.  It was absolutely perfect weather for it--sunny and cool enough to be extremely comfortable in a t-shirt without a jacket.  I took some photos (of something other than rabbits, what what?) and I hope at least a few of them turn out OK.  This was clearly a very popular spot for nature photographers because we encountered at least 3 or 4 people carrying around major cameras on tripods.  I was definitely pushing the boundaries of how much zoom I could keep halfway stable without a tripod myself.  The quadripod made up of my leaning against Robert for stability while taking photos could use some work.

No comments: