Monday, September 5, 2016

Endless Rabbit Photos

"Two Strikes You're Out...Now for Wonderland"--Monday, 9/5/16

For the third and final outing of my red striped top, I went for something similar to this combination of striped shirt, white blazer, long necklace, and denim skirt...

From shealennon.com

But then when I bought my set of Alice-themed tops from Kohls this summer, I decided that it was time to accelerate the removal of that boring old striped shirt from my wardrobe and get my White Rabbit Wonderland on.  Adding a new lightweight scarf was a no-brainer.

Instead of colorful flats, I substituted an old pair of comfy black mary jane flats that are probably only second to my chambray ballet flats in saying "summer" via footwear.  I know, normal people (well, women at least) think of sandals for summer, but...ugh.  I would like to say that living in the frozen north, I don't see sandals.  While it's absolutely the case that I see much, much less of it than I did living in the south, I started seeing women occasionally wearing "nicer" flip flops to my workplace (or the facility next door, where people are providing direct care to some of our neediest customers) this year in mid April.  The horror.


Black/red/beige striped short-sleeved T (thrifted, Kohls)
White Rabbit tank (Disney Alice/Kohls), $4.80/wear
*Mint lace infinity scarf (Walmart), $4.13/wear
Denim skort (thrifted, Walmart), $0.63/wear
White blazer (Nordstrom), $3.22/wear
Black mary janes (Walmart)

Outfit total: $12.78/wear

To sandals, we say THUMP.  But of course, ain't nobody putting sandals on these lovely bunny feet!


Not surprisingly given how easy it is to wear it on weekends in the warmer part of the year, my denim skort was a Work the Wardrobe Challenge MVP--tied for #3 in the skirts category with 6 wears.

In other news...Today I finished editing the photos from Friday's state fair visit.  Across our two trips (for the 4H show and the Open show) I ended up with 645 rabbit photos (from Robert and me combined) plus various birds, butterflies, flowers, veggies, and more.  I have a sort of rabbit blindness going on right now.  Oh, and I typed "Rabbit" instead of "Robert" at least twice today.  I was on the verge of rabbit brain overload all weekend and now I am officially over the edge.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I bet the photo of the rabbits feet is one of your favorites!!

Sally said...

I won't even try to deny it ;)