Saturday, September 24, 2016

Big Cat Migraine

"Big Cats Helping Big Cats"--Saturday, 9/24/16

Another weekend, another black skirt + graphic T outfit.  What can I say, I like what I like.  This inspiration photo features a T with "Cheers" expressed in a bunch of different languages, which is more interesting to me than the ever-popular "something in French" type.

From iamchiconthecheap.com

My version combines a tiger graphic T with a leopard scarf.  Is there something weird or contradictory about that?


Black peplum hiking skirt (Royal Robbins/REI), $2.50/wear
Olive blazer (thrifted, Maurice's), $0.71/wear
Coral tiger graphic T (Kohls), $2.06/wear
*Beige/red/pink leopard scarf (thrifted), $2.99/wear
Nude Rockstud flats by Wild Diva, $5.00/wear

Outfit total: $13.26/wear

As usual, let's ask Google.  And behold, a group of captive leopards is helping a save-the-tigers project halfway across the world with their scat!  No, really...check out this 3.5 minute video with leopards, tigers, elephants, and trained dogs.  The bit around the 2:35-2:50 mark cracked me up.

The rabbit closest in appearance to a tiger is the Japanese Harlequin with all the orange-and-black stripey goodness you could ask for in a bunny.
 

In other news...Today has been a strange day.  I slept in a bit (yay) and had a late breakfast.  I did some outfit planning/photos so that I'll be ready when I come back from my mid-October trip to the balmy south back to tights weather in Coldville.  I had lunch and was feeling fine.  Then about an hour later, I had a terrible migraine, was freezing cold and nauseated (I expect the latter was from the pain), and my entire body ached.  I lay in bed for about an hour with a bag of frozen veg wrapped in a tea towel on my head, huddled under all my blankets.  I didn't sleep but I did feel a bit better after waking up.  I followed this with one of Robert's home remedies for migraines--tortilla chips with salsa.  It's weird, something about that combination of salt + spice really does seem to help.

2 comments:

Mom said...

The video with the Tigers, leopards and dogs was really awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Sally said...

Yeah, wasn't that great?! Glad you enjoyed it!