Sunday, September 18, 2016

Read This Book

"White Rabbit Pattern Mix"--Sunday, 9/18/16

Today we are carrying forward an outfit inspiration chain with a striped blazer, long open scarf, and necklace.  The inspiration photo is over two years old but I think this is a timeless combination.

From anneinresidence.com

Wait, did I say timeless?  Sorry to rub it in, White Rabbit.


Black knit hiking skirt (Patagonia/REI), $2.73/wear
Black/brown/blue/yellow Art Deco silk scarf (thrifted, Adrienne Vittadini), $2.80/wear
Black and white striped blazer (Nordstrom), $4.43/wear
White Rabbit tank (Disney Alice/Kohls), $4.00/wear
Gold ruby heart necklace (gift from Mom)
Mustard flats by MIA, $0.93/wear

Outfit total: $14.89/wear

However, this white rabbit has all the time in the world.
 

In other news...This guy would probably be better of thinking of bunnies than relying on that tea to calm him the fuck down, in my experience.

I am not even going to bother doing a half-assed book review for a book I devoured this week--I think I might have read the whole thing in under 24 hours.  You should just get it and read it for yourself.  Yes, you, whoever you are.  It has a survivalist reality TV meets medical apocalypse premise, a likeable but somewhat complex female protagonist, a basically perfectly paced plot, chapters that alternate between past and present timelines in a way that totally works, and good writing.  There is almost nothing not to like here, people.  (I say "almost" because people in survivalist mode will eat things like squirrels, slugs, and...well, certain cute fuzzies.  At least there are no graphic descriptions of the latter.)

The Last One by Alexandra Oliva


What are you still doing here?  Go get that book!

3 comments:

mom said...

I'm assuming you are referring to me on the get the book right now issue. I had to order it from a library in Missouri since my library didn't have it. I love survival stories and this one sounds good.

Sally said...

You will love it.

Tam said...

Hah. Christine had been bugging me to read that book for months, and I finally did a couple of weeks ago! I really enjoyed it.