Monday, September 19, 2016

Rabbit Numbers

"The Boho Paisley Overlord"--Monday, 9/19/16

The Reverse Inspiration options are slim pickings for this one.  I guess wearing a black vest + black skirt is not a thing, except for a be-furred Olivia Palermo.

From life-is-a-luxury.tumblr.com

It all started with this paisley top, part of my interview suit shopping collection, that I am trying to wear different ways.  I chose the necklace and ballet flats next, then finished it off with the summer-casual-suit-substitute of black skirt and vest, a combination I haven't tried before.  (Clearly I need to keep working it to improve the quality of the Reverse Inspirations.)


Green/blue paisley drapeneck knit top (JNY), $5.00/wear
Black shutterfold pencil skirt (JCP), $1.58/wear
Black open weave cardigan vest (Kohls), $2.21/wear
Blue/green statement necklace (Target), $2.96/wear
Bright blue flats (Payless), $1.33/wear

Outfit total: $13.08/wear

I continue to be a huge fan of these cardigans and cardigan vests/sleeveless cardigans with the open weave stitching.  It's an easy way to make an outfit look more "finished" to my eye without a lot of unwelcome warmth.  They are adding a more boho-lite aspect to my style that works for me, especially in these laid-back warm-weather days, when paired with more classic, structured pieces.


And here is another black twosome that looks great together--a black Satin and a black Netherland dwarf.


In other news...An interesting profile of an ethnobotanist who is searching for new antibiotic inspiration in the field of traditional plant-based remedies.  (Field, haha.)

I have completed editing, compiling, and documenting my state fair rabbit photos--those left over from the 2015 fair as well as the new ones from the 2016 fair.  How many photos do you think I have prepared?  Closest guess wins.  (Assume that the rabbit photos do not reproduce themselves.)

I'm not sure how after waking up at 8 a.m. that getting ready for the day, eating breakfast, getting a haircut, getting fitted and buying bras at Nordstrom, eating lunch, making a Target run for a new fan (this is the second one we've replaced this summer) and random stuff, and taking a 1 hour nap got me to 4:30 yesterday afternoon, but somehow it did. 

Note that it did take over an hour to get my hair cut--the hairdresser gave me an inverted bob that wasn't what I was expecting and that took her longer than she expected--but the final result looks good.  It's been years since I've had an inverted bob.

5 comments:

Tam said...

I am guessing that you have 850 photos prepared. (There was a method to my madness, but I have no idea if this answer is realistic.)

Jen M. said...

600

mom said...

I say 1,000.

Debbie said...

That top + that necklace = squee!

Sally said...

Debbie, thanks, it pleases my matchy matchy heart :)