Friday, September 23, 2016

Finally the Weekend

"The Prep-Boho Conversion"--Friday, 9/23/16

This "spring has sprung" outfit from 2014 gave me the idea of combining a blue/pink color scheme with a gingham pattern as a last gasp of summer-in-autumn.  (Yep, after yesterday's suitable colors I veered right back into the heart of July with this one.)

From the-southern-prep.polyvore.com

Specifically, I reversed the colors to wear my pink gingham button up shirt with blue skinny pants. 


Pink gingham button up shirt (thrifted, Company Ellen Tracy), $1.50/wear
White open weave cardigan vest (Kohls), $2.76/wear
Blue skinny pants (thrifted, Macy's), $4.50/wear
Medium blue flats by Sofft, $3.68/wear
Pink swag necklace (Kohls), $4.66/wear

Outfit total: $17.10/wear

I gave the base preppy pieces a boho twist by adding an open weave cardigan vest and substituting a whole mess of pink beads for the precious pearls, gold bows, etc. in the original ensemble.  The bows on these ballet flats are enough of that for one outfit.  (I am wearing my tiny gold rabbit stud earrings, though, so it's not like I'm missing out on the awwww-sweet element here.)


I'm always amused when my outfit name sounds like an episode title from Big Bang Theory.

Let's continue with the summery white theme and reflect on this Great Egret and its reflection.  The bird was hunting hard in this lake, not merely admiring its beautiful self...though if it did, who could blame it?  (I took about 20 photos of this bird from different points around the lake, but this one was my favorite.)


In other news...I am so tired tonight.  This week has been really tough somehow.  (Increased anxiety around another expected round of layoffs at my job, after earlier having felt that getting through the two rounds leading up to July 1 meant that I was secure for a while, is not something I'm finding easy to handle today.)

In related news...When a pretty cat goes to sleep, the result is...well, see for yourself.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Hmm, I always wear small necklaces 9against my skin) with button-up shirts. I feel like I can wear long necklaces only with solid knit shirts, but now I see I am wrong about that.

Yea! Interesting!

Sally said...

Debbie, wearing a necklace against my skin is my instinct, too, but a bold necklace on top can be fun.

Mom said...

I hope I don't look like that cat when I'm asleep!

Sally said...

Hah, not that I've ever noticed. But if you do...I hope I have my camera with me ;)