Thursday, September 8, 2016

No Phonies

An Instant Outfit--Thursday, 9/8/16

Since Pinterest is making a game lately out of losing my pins, I had to substitute a different Reverse Inspiration today.  It still has a leopard + burgundy (well, maroon) theme.

From extrapetite.com

As I've mentioned before, I have no interest in having a capsule wardrobe.  But if I did, this white leopard blouse would be part of it.  It pairs with pretty much any solid color pencil skirt (maybe not brown) and has enough drama to wear on its own (i.e., without layers) in warm weather.  It also works well under a blazer in colder weather.  And it's made to be worn untucked, which is as easy as it gets.


White leopard shark hem blouse (JNY), $2.34/wear
Burgundy skirt (Nordstrom), $2.83/wear
Double strand pearls (Macy's), $3.83/wear
Tan captoe flats by Clarks, $2.78/wear

Outfit total: $11.78/wear

I do like to wear a necklace with this blouse but something simple like pearls does the trick.


This mini lop is so not-enjoying my leopard print top based outfit that his entire world has greyed out.  Sorry little one!
 
Leopard print makes lop bunny sad.

In other news...This Wells Fargo news is insane!  As a customer of theirs (who has not been directly affected by this, as far as I can see), I'm thinking about taking my business elsewhere.

4 comments:

mom said...

Wow, the Wells Fargo disaster is a perfect example of lack of oversight. Seriously, every time an employee was caught creating those new accounts they should have been fired immediately. I don't get the impression that anything much was done until they were forced to.

Sally said...

It's hard to say from the article, but they did mention that 5300 employees were fired over a few years...so maybe they were firing people slowly over time. Which brings up the unpleasant possibility that they knew for years that there was a widespread problem but did nothing to stop it and instead just fired the individual bad actors as they came to light.

Tam said...

From my reading, the problem was an incentive structure that naturally led to these abuses. You can't force people day in, day out to generate a specific number of new accounts without opening yourself up to this kind of thing. And yeah, they knew they had a problem and did nothing. I'm thinking of taking my business elsewhere, too. I've somehow accumulated at least two other checking accounts (which I don't use at all presently) so it shouldn't be too ridiculous to switch. Although setting up direct deposit and timing everything is...blergh.

Sally said...

Yeah, they really do rely on our inertia to keep our business.