Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Raining Cats and More Cats

"Simple Fall Florals"--Wednesday, 9/21/16

I love this bright summer color combination, but I don't have a green floral blouse.  So I decided to make a late-summer-transitioning-into-autumn outfit using the basic formula of floral top + pencil skirt + nude shoes, but in darker tones.

From savvy-southern.blogspot.com

I started with this pretty blouse I got for 88 cents thrift shopping with my mom last Christmas.  I love the jewel tones.


Teal/burgundy/black floral blouse (thrifted, JNY), $0.44/wear
Purple skirt (JCP), $5.95/wear
Double strand pearls (Macy's), $3.63/wear
Nude wedges by Cole Haan, $6.00/wear

Outfit total: $16.02/wear

For some reason, I decided to wear it with purple, even though strictly speaking there isn't purple in that print.  The dark burgundy comes close to purple, but obviously my burgundy skirt would have been a better match.  Oh well, I guess I was going for "tonal similarity" rather than "matching" and the result works well enough for me.  (But I still do want to wear this with my burgundy skirt.)


Here are some more purplish flowers, seen at a local nature preserve a couple weeks ago. 
 

In other news...An article on the free-time paradox.  Not anything ground-breaking there, but a nice basic discussion.  (I had not heard the term "leaky" as used in this context.)

It is almost continuous lightning outside right now.  We had a clap of thunder a few minutes ago that not only scared me (not difficult) but also scared Robert.  It doesn't seem that windy, but standing in the doorway of the balcony, Robert got pretty wet quite quickly.  It's supposed to be all rainy for the next 4 days.

No comments: