Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Out With the Old, In With the New

"Golden Leopard"--Tuesday 9/6/16

Another item I'm on the fence about is a purple cropped cardigan that I bought at Goodwill for $5 and have worn 3 times that I know of.  I've learned that I'm not really that fond of wearing the cropped cardigan/jacket style these days.  Some items, in some situations, sure, but generally I'd rather wear something that is longer.  I think this is part of the overall shift in my preferred silhouette from a wider (pleated/A line/etc.) dress/skirt and a shorter top/cardigan/blazer to a more fitted (pencil) skirt and a longer top/cardigan/blazer.

But I thought I would give this cardigan another go, using this leopard print + purple (she says marsala) cardigan outfit as inspiration.

From thequeeninbetween.com

But when I put the cardigan on, I just hated it--adios, old cardigan.  So I substituted the purple blazer I purchased with my Mom.  Much better!

I played up the purple with this leopard top that has both burgundy and purple in it.


Drapeneck beige/burgundy leopard knit top (Anne Klein/Macy's), $4.00/wear
Purple cropped cardigan (thrifted, Charter Club/Macy's)
Purple blazer (thrifted, Kohls), $0.44/wear
Navy pants (Dockers), $1.86/wear
Gold chain link necklace (Ann Taylor), $1.87/wear
*Nude Rockstud flats by Wild Diva, $19.99/wear

Outfit total: $28.16/wear

Then I added a gold necklace and nude flats with gold studs to bookend my hair.


See?


And yes, as I promised, I did purchase a pair of Rockstud knock-offs in the strapless ballet flat style.  Nifty, no?  I found these on Amazon, and they qualified for free returns so it was worth taking a chance on them for $20.  They also had an aqua colored pair that were amazing but not available in my size.  Maybe I'll get lucky some other time, but for now, I'm looking forward to enjoying these in the sockless months we have left this season.


The beginning of September marks the start of a new sartorial season in my calendar, Summer/Fall, so you will be seeing some new items coming out to play in the coming weeks.

In other news...I saw the periodontist today.  I go back next Tuesday to have the extra growth on my gum excised and biopsied.  He gave me the world's softest toothbrush to keep me going until next week (I mean, it's not like "made from the fur of mini rex rabbit soft" but it's very soft).  Based on what my dental insurance decides to cover, the removal will cost anywhere from $73 to $509.  Then the biopsy falls under medical insurance rather than health insurance, and is likely to cost me $300 because insurance doesn't usually cover it.  BAH.

But let's cheer ourselves up with a rabbit photo, okay?


A mini rex displaying a world class sphinx pose.  So gorgeous and so soft.  I feel better already!

No comments: