Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Pokebun Go

"The Paisley Floral Overlord"--Tuesday, 8/30/16

I am always on the look-out for inspiration photos featuring a floral top because I have so many of them that I am working on for Operation Cost Per Wear.  This is a case where I saw "floral top + solid skirt" and then complicated it in my typical Rule of 4 (or more!) way.

From puttingmetogether.com

I decided to pair a black and teal one with the not-matching-but-tonally-related aqua skirt and add my new open weave shrug to it.  (I am all about the open weave this spring and summer, am I not?)


Black/teal paisley/floral top (thrifted, Kohls), $1.33/wear
Aqua skirt (JCP), $3.33/wear
Black open weave shrug (thrifted, Westbound Petites), $0.44/wear
Aqua/silver teardrop necklace (JNY), $1.70/wear
Blue/black sparkly flats (thrifted, Target), $1.31/wear

Outfit total: $8.11/wear

Put on a matching necklace and some statement shoes and voila!  A Sally outfit.


This year, we will not be seeing the Hop, Flop + Sniff rabbit display because they are having it during the week in between the 4H and Open rabbit shows. 


In other news...A week or two ago, Robert was wondering how schools were going to handle the Pokemon Go phenomenon.  Here's an article on the subject.

Plus: "Why are sales suffering at so many women's stores?  They make bad clothes."  I think Banana Republic with their blazers that most women could not fit their arms into wins this round.

Now I want Pokebun Go to be a real thing.

2 comments:

mom said...

I finally realize that I'm not the only one lamenting finding clothing of quality that fits and isn't made for a teenager. I can totally relate to the woman in the comment section that said her size 18 friend couldn't find anything she wanted in that size and she had $2,000 to spend. Seriously, Banana Republic, didn't you try the jacket on real women to see if things fit?

Sally said...

Mom, yes, and the situation for larger sized women is even worse. Improving, but still not good.

Does BR have like one fit model with strangely skinny arms that they used in the design process? It's mind-boggling.