Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Fangirl Symmetry

"The Paisley Leopard Overlord"--Wednesday, 8/31/16

In this post about wearing olive handbags, Bridgette suggests matching olive shoes to your olive purse.  I'm not about using different colors of purses--I am sticking with the basic black purse I've had for about 20 years--but I can get on board with maroon top, black skirt, olive shoes, and patterned scarf.

From bridgetteraes.com

The original ensemble has one patterned piece, but mine has two (three if you count the white flecks in the chambray skirt as a pattern).  What a surprise.


Maroon knit blouse (thrifted, East 5th), $1.50/wear
Black chambray skirt (thrifted, Larry Levine), $1.00/wear
Olive leopard flats (Nordstrom Rack), $4.28/wear
Teal/brown/rust paisley scarf (Kohls), $4.37/wear

Outfit total: $11.15/wear

At least the patterns are pretty muted this time.  The paisley leopard overlord has to think of her dignity.


I think this broken mini lop coordinates well with my scarf too--I especially like how the rufous fur in her nape matches the rust color in the scarf.  But I don't think she would consent to riding on my shoulder all day, parrot style.  (I'm glad I didn't save this outfit for September 19--Speak Like a Pirate Day--because that would've been too disappointing.)
 

In other news...I absolutely inhaled Fangirl and am already looking forward to reading the sequel Carry On--a novel about the characters that the fangirl was obsessed with.  It's clearly going to be pretty much Harry Potter-meets-Twilight.  I admit I'm not 100% sold on that concept but I trust this author to make more of the premise than one would expect.

I am now reading Her Fearful Symmetry.  The writing is very good and the characters are interesting.  I'm not so sure about the plot, though, and the behavior of at least one character seems...uncharacteristically inept.  I hope we're not getting into a "somebody act dumb to drive this plot, please" scenario.

No comments: