Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Mad For Plaid...and In General

"Simple Plaid"--Tuesday, 8/9/16

This Greek blogger had the thought to wear two plaid shirts layered together.  Interesting, no?

From thedailylace.com

But for simplicity (and because I don't have a corresponding second plaid shirt and because it's summer not fall), I did a version of this outfit with a single plaid shirt.


Red skirt (JCP), $3.96/wear
Blue/red plaid popover shirt (thrifted, Gap), $2.62/wear
Double strand pearls (Macy's), $4.31/wear
Bright blue flats (Payless), $1.60/wear

Outfit total: $12.49/wear

With that one caveat, this is one of the most faithful reproductions I have managed to do, from the pearls down to the bright blue shoes.  It feels almost strange to be wearing something so uncomplicated.  No pattern mixing, no layering...what is going on?  I will say that the pencil skirt silhouette and the bold ballet flats do keep it in the Sally zone, though.


Meanwhile, this blue mini rex is concentrating and working hard to perfect his loaf.  You can do it, little guy!


In other news...When I saw this style blog post called "Nap Refusal," at first I thought it had something to do with fabric...because I'd forgotten that the blogger is a new mom.  Oh THAT kind of nap.  She had also recently discovered that her new Fitbit Flex doesn't record steps when her arm is stationary on the baby stroller.

This article about the recent reduction in the number of female Republican politicians avoids the elephant (hah hah) in the room--that the Republican party is increasingly the party of white male identity politics.

Tonight I paid my doctor/hospital bills from the Great Kidney Stone Disaster.  God, that was a lot of money.  One of the sites required me to enter a very long alphanumeric code with dashes like:  15829-SQOQZ462-2HY68-WZN-1U2R35-FUCKYOU4EVER.  I got it on the first try but Grrrrr.

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

It's scary how expensive medical bills are even with good insurance.

Sally said...

Indeed. And I came very close to having my ER visit and my surgery in two different plan years so I would have had to meet the deductible twice. I'm glad that didn't happen at least.